Monday, December 15, 2014

New Tires

The Craigslist tires I got were weathered and cracking a bit more than I liked. They worked well for "rollers" to make sure that the lowering gear was going to work right. But.... they needed to be replaced.

My local tire shop made me a deal, and the tires were replaced.

I came out Saturday night to pull the truck into the back yard, and the front tire was flat. The valve stem sheared off. So I jacked it up and took the tire off. I'll take it back to Kevin on Monday.


I get this picture as a text from my son Sunday morning. Another sheared valve stem. Disappointment.... 
Monday morning I called Kevin, he sent a tow truck at no charge, and found that the box of valve stems was old and he tossed them all. Kevin replaced the stems and told me to come get my truck, no charge. I understand problems, I know things happen, it's all about how you deal with them. Kevin treated me well, and I will keep going back.



No comments:

Post a Comment