Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Pivot

So, all of a sudden... it's different direction time. I am spending alot more time on this truck than I anticipated. I wanted to "just drive my truck" and that was the goal. Well, I am now thinking that since I have spent this much time, I don't want to take it apart again. So, I want to get this done in a way that will be a long term driver. So....

I am doing the Crown Vic swap. This involves the front suspension of the 2003-2011 Ford Crown Victoria. A benefit is the disc brakes (which I already converted) rack and pinon steering, and a lower stance.



I found a car on KSL Classifieds for $998 + 6.75% tax, out the door $1,065 and I bought it July 5th. My friend and his family were up from Arizona for the holiday and he helped me get it home.




Since I have the whole car, I am going to use every piece I can. Which means that the F100 is getting a 4.6l v8, fuel injected. I am hoping that this will up the mpg that I can get with this truck.

So, now to strip it down and sell the parts on ebay that I am not using. I am hoping to make back my money on the car purchase and get a free suspension and engine!

So far the AC control until, spare tire and owners manual have been sold. I need to clean up and get the rest of the pieces on ebay and for sale sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment